Summer Library Program 2014
June 7 – August 2
Summer Kick-off Scavenger Hunt: Sat, June 7, drop in anytime 10am-2pm
“Mixed Nuts” Kids Comedy Show: Wed, July 16, 6:30pm
Murder Mystery Party (7th-12th grade): Fri, July 25, 7:00pm
Harry Potter Birthday Party: Thurs, July 31, 6:30pm
“Read Together, Learn Together” Story Times
Tuesday mornings 10:30am, followed by special visitors at 11am
Meets June 19, July 24, and August 21 at 6:30pm
Reading to Dogs
Reading Education Assistance Dogs will be available for appointments on these dates:
Sat, June 14, 10:00-11:30am
Sat, June 28, 1:30-3:00pm
Sat, July 12, 10:00-11:30am
Sat, July 19, 10:00-11:30am
Sat, July 26, 1:30-3:00pm
Sign-ups for workshops start June 7
- Gardening (ages 5-8): Mon, June 9, 6:30pm
- Upcycled Crafting (ages 8-13): Mon, June 30, 6:30pm
- Rubber Stamping Crafts (all ages): Mon, July 7, 6:30pm
- Drawing Cartoon Animals with Gary Harbo, children’s book illustrator (all ages): Thurs, July 10, 3:00pm
- Acting (ages 8-12): Mon, July 14, 6:00pm
- Zumbro River Exploration with Kevin Strauss, Zumbro Watershed Partnership (ages 6-12): Tues, July 15, 3:00pm
- Balloon Sculpting with A Touch of Magic Entertainment (ages 9-14): Wed, July 16, 5:00pm
- Juggling with A Touch of Magic Entertainment (ages 9-14): Wed, July 16, 5:00pm
- Finger Knitting (ages 5+): Mon, July 21, 6:30pm
- Robotics (ages 11-14): Mon, July 21, 6:30pm
Lego Creation Contest
Age brackets: 3-6 year olds, 7-11 year olds, 12-18 year olds. Bring your creation to Lego Club on July 24 to be judged by our special guest, Daniel Roberts, a professional builder who creates exhibits at the Science Museum of Minnesota. A prize will be awarded to the top selection in each age bracket.
Short Story Writing Contest
Age brackets: 8-12 year olds, 13-18 year olds. Write a short story on a topic of your choice, between 5 and 30 pages in length. Submissions due June 30. The top 2 selections from each bracket will be bound together in a short story collection that will be available for check out from the library.
Ages 13-18. Submit an original piece of artwork to the library by June 30. All submissions will be displayed in the library during the month of July. One winner will be selected to receive a $25 gift certificate to Crossings.
Pick up your reading log and activity log anytime staring June 7. Prizes for completed logs include pizza, ice cream, books, and toys.
Any questions? Contact us at 507-732-5211 or stop by the library.